Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] what is the best way to log multiple search box activity?

Rusty Wilson perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
This is a tangent to the question I posted yesterday.

I have a "seach box" in the footer of every page. On one page in my site (which
is designed for a particular audience) i have search box in the body of the
page. This search box is set up (using the hidden include field) to search only
a subset of the overall collection.

QUESTION: I want to track the use of the search field located in the body of
the page separately from the search located in the footer of every other page.
I want to collect all the information that is normall logged for *both*
searches.

What is the best way to do this?

My first thought is to run 2 instaces of Perlfect, but I only want to maintain
one collection...

Rusty

=====
The Website your boss doesn�t want you to know about! (pssst...it's FREE!)
http://www.ezinfocenter.com/7421656/FREE
=====