Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Behaviour Of Perlfect Crawler - Just To Confirm

Frank Naude
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:35:18 +0200

Where can we download this patch? Looks like the WebCVS site
( is currently down.

Best regards.

Frank Naude - Your Portal to the World of Oracle

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Daniel Naber
Sent: 08 Augustus 2002 12:55 nm
Cc: ehnya chnia
Subject: Re: [Perlfect-search] Behaviour Of Perlfect Crawler - Just To

On Thursday 08 August 2002 12:25, ehnya chnia wrote:

> If the $HTTP_START_URL variable is set to http://demo2/tnb and under
> there contains an index file, the crawler would only
> crawl from that file. Others which has no linkage would not be
> indexed.

Perlfect Search can only find files which are linked. If the server lists a
directory (because there's no index.html), this listing is just like any
other file.

> .... And I think I found a small bug in Perlfect. If the search results
> contain the index page, clicking on highlight matches would give an
> error because a slash was not appended at the end. However, the URL for
> the view page links and displayed URL is correct.

Yes, that bug was found some days/weeks ago, I already posted a patch to
fix that.

perlfect-search mailing list
To unsubscribe, set other personal options or view the list archives please