Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Behaviour Of Perlfect Crawler - Just To Confirm

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:55:29 +0200
On Thursday 08 August 2002 12:25, ehnya chnia wrote:

> If the $HTTP_START_URL variable is set to http://demo2/tnb and under
> there contains an index file, the crawler would only
> crawl from that file. Others which has no linkage would not be
> indexed.

Perlfect Search can only find files which are linked. If the server lists a
directory (because there's no index.html), this listing is just like any
other file.

> .... And I think I found a small bug in Perlfect. If the search results
> contain the index page, clicking on highlight matches would give an
> error because a slash was not appended at the end. However, the URL for
> the view page links and displayed URL is correct.

Yes, that bug was found some days/weeks ago, I already posted a patch to
fix that.