Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Behaviour Of Perlfect Crawler - Just To Confirm

ehnya chnia perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 10:25:07 +0000
Hi,

If the $HTTP_START_URL variable is set to http://demo2/tnb and under
there contains an index file, the crawler would only
crawl from that file. Others which has no linkage would not be
indexed. But if we don't have index.html/index.jsp, this behaviour
won't exist as all files would be indexed. I did some simple experiment
and it seemed to behave that way. Am I right?

.... And I think I found a small bug in Perlfect. If the search results
contain the index page, clicking on highlight matches would give an error
because a slash was not appended at the end. However, the URL for the view
page links and displayed URL is correct.

Thanks.