Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] URL in result page always point to the base url - SOS

ehnya chnia perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 10:13:55 +0000
Hi,

The same URL problem was solved when I commented
$url = $response->base;

I am actually indexing both dynamic and static pages. By commenting out that
line, would it give any problems next time?

The other thing is that I realised that the description for my searches are
all the same. At first, I thought all the pages has the same description.
But after clicking inside, the description is not found anywhere (by viewing
the source).

I am still trying to look into this but if this is a known problem due to
some reasons, could someone please share?

Thanks a lot.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Daniel Naber <daniel.naber@t-online.de>
To: perlfect-search@perlfect.com
CC: "ehnya chnia" <ehchn1@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Perlfect-search] URL in result page always point to the base
url - SOS
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:21:13 +0200

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 12:00, ehnya chnia wrote:

 > I found out that the url are actually correct but somehow got redirected
 > in the get_url function (tools.pl), called by crawl_http indexer_web.pl)
 > with some printouts.

There was a mailing list post about that problem here, but it doesn't help
much in your case:
http://perlfect.com/pipermail/perlfect-search/2001-July/000774.html

You can try to comment out this line in get_url():
$url = $response->base;
Does that change anything?

get_url() is a function that fetches a file via http. If you only have
static pages you don't need that, you can then just leave $HTTP_START_URL
blank (which might also fix your problem).