Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing a large c

Frank Naude
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:29:28 +0200

My problem is slightly more serious; I have an ever-growing collection of
234475 documents that needs to be indexed every weekend.

I've heard a prediction that the amount of digital information doubles about
every 2 years. If this is true, everybody on this list's indexing time will
double within the next two years. This alone should be reason enough to
invest time into faster and better indexing strategies (like incremental

Best regards.

Frank Naude - Your Portal to the World of Oracle

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Kirk Lawson
Sent: 07 Augustus 2002 04:30 nm
Subject: RE: [Perlfect-search] Indexing a large c

> My site is simply too big to
> get everything
> indexed over a weekend. Every Monday my ISP kills the indexer
> job. If it
> would not be possible to add some kind of incremental
> indexing, I will be
> forced to start looking for alternative solutions.
> Please help.

Odd.  They must put a low priority on the process.  I index over 8300
documents every weekend on a old P-166 indexing a network mount point.
 It takes all day, but it happens.

Peace favor your sword
"In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or
knowledge of their use."
 -Achille Marozzo, 1536

perlfect-search mailing list
To unsubscribe, set other personal options or view the list archives please