Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] URL in result page always point to the base url - SOS

Daniel Naber perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:21:13 +0200
On Wednesday 07 August 2002 12:00, ehnya chnia wrote:

> I found out that the url are actually correct but somehow got redirected
> in the get_url function (tools.pl), called by crawl_http indexer_web.pl)
> with some printouts.

There was a mailing list post about that problem here, but it doesn't help
much in your case:
http://perlfect.com/pipermail/perlfect-search/2001-July/000774.html

You can try to comment out this line in get_url():
$url = $response->base;
Does that change anything?

get_url() is a function that fetches a file via http. If you only have
static pages you don't need that, you can then just leave $HTTP_START_URL
blank (which might also fix your problem).