Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] URL in result page always point to the base url - SOS

ehnya chnia perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:00:51 +0000
Hi,

Result page as below:

1. Welcome To TNB (highlight matches)

I know the solution for this was given before from one of the posting
(only clue is that it is in the mailing list) but I just can't find
it after hours of searching. So, I hope that someone can help me out.
The changes I made in the conf.pl are as below:

$DOCUMENT_ROOT = 'd:/iPlanet/Servers/https-demo2/Project/tnb/';
$BASE_URL = 'http://demo2/tnb/';
$CGIBIN = 'http://demo2/cgi-bin/';
$INSTALL_DIR = 'd:/iPlanet/Servers/https-demo2/Project/cgi-bin/';
@EXT = ("jsp","html","pdf");
$HTTP_START_URL = 'http://demo2/tnb/';
$HTTP_MAX_PAGES = 2000;
$HTTP_SERVER_ROOT = 'd:/iPlanet/Servers/https-demo2/Project';

http://demo2 points to http://demo2/Project (done by web server).
So the base url is actually http://demo2/Project/tnb/.
Need to do this as the web server I am using has some admin files
inside the root and I don't want to mix it with the web files.

I found out that the url are actually correct but somehow got redirected
in the get_url function (tools.pl), called by crawl_http indexer_web.pl)
with some printouts.

By the way, why do we need get_url? It's just a few lines but I don't think
I understand the code.

Any clues for my problem?

Thank you very much.