Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing a large collection of documents

Frank Naude perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:58:43 +0200
Hi,

I found the following quote in the Perlfect archives:

"... even if incremental indexing makes indexing single documents slower, it
would overall prove a great performance gain especially for people with
large document collections, who add new documents often but do not update
the old ones." - Giorgos, 11 Jul 2001

Would it be possible to write an API to add and remove individual documents
to the Perlfect index database? My site is simply too big to get everything
indexed over a weekend. Every Monday my ISP kills the indexer job. If it
would not be possible to add some kind of incremental indexing, I will be
forced to start looking for alternative solutions.

Please help.

Frank Naude
orafaq@ibi.co.za
http://www.orafaq.org/ - Your Portal to the World of Oracle