Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Unable to run search.pl when root is pointed to a directory

ehnya chnia perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:58:01 +0000
Hi,

My Perlfect module reside on E:/perl-cgi directory. I set the cgi prefix to
cgi-bin.

To access the search module, I can just do it by accessing
http://mysite/cgi-bin/search.pl. That is fine. The problem arises when I
have my root pointing to a directory, done by the web server. Meaning,
http://mysite actually point to http://mysite/aDirectory though aDirectory
is not printed.

Now, when I try to access the search.pl file, the server would always
redirect me to http://mysite/aDirectory/cgi-bin/aFile.pl instead. Therefore,
in my cgi mapping, I used the prefix aDirectory/cgi-bin instead.

This method don't work as the server doesn't seemed to be able to detect
aDirectory/cgi-bin prefix and treat it as cgi executable.

Any solutions to this problem? Please help.

Thanks in advance.