Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Error within page or script on search.pl

Cahaba Internet cahaba@cahaba.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:16:04 -0500
At 12:30 PM 4/23/02 +0100, you wrote:

>The 'search.pl' script is called via Internet Explorer. It returns
>an error 500, error with page or script.
>The fault is the same with a 'pl' or 'cgi' extension.

Hi Bob

First thing I'd do is check the 'permissions' for search.pl ... make sure the
file is executable (755 or 777)

If that isn't the issue, I'd take a look at my server's error log. Most hosting
companies make this information available.

Lastly, I gather you were careful to upload the perl script components of
Perlfect
in ASCII mode, rather than binary (as that adds linefeeds and otherwise
corrupts the files.)

Good luck!

73/DX
Bill - WA4FAT

        C A H A B A   I N T E R N E T
Full-Service Internet Marketing Consultancy
  Design, Development, Promotion & Hosting

http://cahaba.com  *  cahaba@cahaba.com
(205) 970-0622     *  Fax (205) 970-3914
2953 Donita Drive  *  Birmingham, AL 35243
Payments: http://cahaba.com/payment.html
Emergency - wireless@cahaba.net