Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Search function

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:09:13 +0200
On Tuesday 23 April 2002 13:10, Doug wrote:

> On our web site which deals with property rentals, I need to have a
> search thingie, that has a drop down menu, with studio, 1, 2, or 3, on
> it, then when they click on one of these, say the 2, they then get a
> 'result's page with all of the 2 bedroomed properties.

That doesn't sound like a job for a full-text search engine. The right
solution would be a customized database. If you really want the use
Perlfect Search (or any other full-text search engine) you'll have to add
keywords like "onebedroom" (no space!) etc into the files and the drop
down replaces the search text field (i.e. name it "q").