Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Error within page or script on search.pl

bob@royalairforce.net bob@royalairforce.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:30:51 +0100
Have installed Perlfect search 3.3 via FTP (ISP does not allow
telnet).

Webserver Apache/1.3.20 (Unix)
Perl 5.00503

Other scripts with 'pl' and 'cgi' extensions run and permissions etc
are understood.

The 'indexer.pl' script is called via Internet Explorer. It runs and
completes it's task, files are written into 'perlfect/search/data'.
They have a content, they are not blank.
Indexer sends it's report to my browser OK.

The 'search.pl' script is called via Internet Explorer. It returns
an error 500, error with page or script.
The fault is the same with a 'pl' or 'cgi' extension.

I am assuming that because the indexer works OK there is nothing
wrong with the settings in 'conf.pl'. Perhaps you know otherwise!

Please help me with my learning curve. There must be something
simple I have missed or not understood. (Put it down to loss or grey
cells due to age).

p.s. The path to pearl is OK. It must be for the indexer to work!!

73 De Bob
G4DDM (RAFARS 196).
Technical Manager & Webmaster for the
Royal Air Force Amateur Radio Society.
http://www.rafars.org
email: rafars@g4ddm.co.uk  bob@royalairforce.net
Located: Tylers Green, Bucks.  IARU:IO91PP62  WAB:SU99

VIRUS: Protection by PC-cillin 2002 from Trend Micro Inc.
www.antivirus.com
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information intended
for the addressee only and may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information. It is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying
to this e-mail. If you are nor the intended recipient you must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.