Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Multiple indexes?

Rusty Wilson rustyw007@yahoo.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:22:47 -0700 (PDT)
--- Gaston Groisman <gaston@magnets.com.ar> wrote:
> I searched the archive and couldn�t find an answer for this.
>
> I have several folders in my site, each with many thousands of files.
> When a user searches one of them he doesn�t care what is in the
> others.
> I want to be able to have one index for each one of these folders and
> have the user choose from many search forms, each form using a
> differente index.
>
> It must have something to do with installing several times the same
> script with differente root files and databases but I am too new to
> this.  If someone can help me with a more detailed axplanation of how
> to do this I would trully appreciate it.
>
> Sincerely,

Gaston,

We just create one large index (we have only about 22,000 pages total),
then use the new "include" function of 3.30. This method does require
that the "collections" be grouped into physical directories. Here is
the code snippet:

<form action="/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/search.pl" method="GET">
<input type="hidden" name="p" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="lang" value="en">
<select name="mode">
     <option value="all">Match ALL words
     <option value="any" selected>Match ANY word
</select>
<input type="text" name="q">
<input type="submit" value="Search" name="submit">

Narrow your search to:
<select name="include">
     <option value="" selected>All of xxxxx.com</option>
     <option value="/technology/automotive/">OEM Technologies</option>
     <option value="/technology/">All Technologies</option>
     <option value="/newsroom/press/">Press Releases</option>
</select>
</form>