Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Maximum number of files that can be indexed

Mayer Richard Richard.Mayer@micronas.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:49:03 +0200
ok,

thanks for your help.
I made the changes and was able to index more than 65535 files!
But now I get other errors:
When using LOWMEMORYINDEX=0 the indexer goes through all the files and after
the Vectors Calculations are finished it "crashes" with the error message
"Out of Memeory". I�ve read about this error message in this mailinglist but
wasn�t able to find a real solution for this.

When using LOWMEMORYINDEX=1 the indexer stops with a segmentation fault
after about 20000 files indexed.

I�m trying to index my website on a TB 1200 with 512 MB RAM and FreeBSD 4.5
on it...

Thanks for your time again.

Rick