Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] php questions +

John jotov@start.no
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:06:12 +0200 (CEST)
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:11:38 +1200 Boyd Pearson <boyd@eldritchdark.com> wrote:
>3. Is there a way to include the include\exclude term in the output
>template (i see its in the address bar but i want to use it in the page)
>as i use the include for sections i would like to be able to do something like
>
>your search for X in section X .....

Just modify the cast_template sub in search.pl, add something like
$h{'section_searched'} = $name_of_section_searched;

modify the templates correspondingly, eg.
<h2>You searched section <!--cgi: section_searched --></h2>

In my implementation of the script, I use a custom query parameter 's' (for section), which I use to look up a predefined exclusion/inclusion string. Then I use the abovementioned method to pass the parameter to the results page, giving the user a drop-down list with sections to choose among etc.

Hope this helps

John