Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Long indexing process

Hit.it hit.it@gmx.net
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:31:20 +0300
Thank you Daniel for the answers. For my second question, I have the
following ideas:

Lets say my hosting company does not allow me to run the search script
longer (probably they will not). Then I have the following idea:

I can index about 350 pages without problems. And I do not change all these
350 pages at once. I add lets say 10 new pages. Is there a way to tell the
script to add these 10 new pages to the index and keep the previously
indexed 350 pages still the same in the index. This way the script would not
run as long and I could add many more pages to the index as long as I use
this method?

I am sure there must be a method to do this because as I look at the output
of indexing, I see the same sequence of the pages being indexed each time
indexing is triggered.

Clean and dirty tricks are accepted.

Thanks