Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Re: Indexing Microsoft Documents

Cameron Moore lists@toad.bitstreet.net
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:20:49 -0600
* davone.vang@gen21.com [2001.10.29 09:24]:

>    Cameron,
>
>    I downloaded the already compiled Windows version of antiword and
>    incorporated the patches that Yuriy suggested.  But when I try to
>    index my files, I get the following errors.  It cannot execute
>    antiword.exe :
>
>    Cannot execute
>    'c:/antiword/antiword.exe
>    mpfile -':  at indexer.pl line 424.
>    Cannot execute
>    'c:/antiword/antiword.exe
>    mpfile -':  at indexer.pl line 424.

First, take out the hyphen in the command line.  It defaults to STDOUT.
Just execute `$DOCTOTEXT $file`.  See what that does.

If that doesn't fix it, can you run antiword just from the command line?
Can you write a small test script and see what happens?  Something
like:

  #!/usr/bin/perl
  system('c:/antiword/antiword.exe /path/to/file');

Finally, I'm not sure if it's part of your message formatting that got
mangled or what, but make sure you don't have an endline in the
$DOCTOTEXT variable.  You should execute this:

  'c:/antiword/antiword.exe mpfile'

not this:

  'c:/antiword/antiword.exe
  mpfile'

Let me know if this helps.
--
Cameron Moore
/ What do you do when you see an endangered \