Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Re: Indexing Microsoft Documents

Davone Vang davone.vang@gen21.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:28:15 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15E32.D4B7DE00

Yuriy,
It's been awhile since I got back to my question about indexing Microsoft
documents and searching them using Perlfect.  I remember you responding to
my question that it worked for you by installing "catdoc" and "xls2csv" then
adding some code to the config.pl, indexer_filesystem.pl, and indexer_web.pl
files.  One more question I have for you is did you do this on a Windows
system or a UNIX system?  Because I'm using a Windows system.  I hope you
still remember what I'm talking about.  If you don't, our emails are in the
October Perlfect mailing archive.  Hope to hear from you.  Thanks for you
help.
Davone