Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] perl warnings in CVS

Cameron Moore lists@toad.bitstreet.net
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:55:23 -0500
I noticed that in CVS, perl is being called with the -w option.  This is
a must for development code, but I would suggest against packaging
perlfect search with that option enabled if you are considering doing
so.

My experience is that leaving it on in a CGI script can be bad news
after updating perl or a module used by the script.  I've had a few
times where the -w option was on, I updated perl, and then got tons of
warning messages in my http error logs significantly increasing their
size.  I didn't realize it until I noticed how little disk space was
left on my log partition.  Doh!

So, anyway...I just wanted to share my experience.  Thanks
--
Cameron Moore
/  If a man says something in the woods and    \