Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Newbie question

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:58:48 +0200
On Tuesday 23 October 2001 16:02, you wrote:

> Right now the links to
> the pages are based on the
> contents of the title tag.  I like to change that, since all my site
> pages have the same title tag.

You should consider this a bug in your pages, as other search engines will
always use the title tag, e.g. your pages found by Google will all have
the same title tag. However, you can change it in Perlfect Search if you
replace these lines in indexer.pl:

${$buffer} =~ m/<TITLE>(.*?)<\/TITLE>/is;
$title = $1;

..by this line (untested):
$title = get_meta_content("description", $buffer, 1);

...or "keywords" if you are using that meta tag instead. After that you'll
have to re-run indexer.pl of course.