Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] pdftotext and http indexing

nate@student.umass.edu nate@student.umass.edu
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:44:22 -0400 (EDT)
Quick question here. My current setup is using http indexing and works fine. I
would like to index pdf files and have setup the xpdf package but from what I
can figure out, the pdftotext program will only convert a local filesystem to a
text file for the indexer. It there a way to get pdf indexing via http? Is
there perhaps another alternative to the xpdf package that can convert a pdf
file via the web to something the indexer can use? It is not possible for me to
index via local filesystem as my university has a seperate scure server for cgi
files. Thanks. ;)

 -Nate