Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Error When $HTTP_START_URL is Set

Sheri Faught sheri@myriad.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:31:52 -0700
When I set the $HTTP_START_URL variable in conf.pl, I get the error shown below.
I'm new at this, but my guess is that it must be something wrong with a perl
module on the server, or one of the required modules is not a high enough
version. Just thought I'd query the list in case someone has run into the same
error & knows what's going on... BTW, how can I find out what version the perl
modules installed on my web server are? (I'm not the administrator.)

<H1>Software error:</H1>
<CODE>Can't use string (&quot;URI::URL&quot;) as an ARRAY ref while &quot;strict
refs&quot; in use at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/URI/WithBase.pm line
41.
</CODE>
<P>

Also, I've seen comments about indexing via http in the faq and in the list, but
I'm not exactly sure how to do it or what it is, exactly. Is indexing via http
the same as setting the $HTTP_START_URL variable? or is it starting the index
from the web? Are there instructions on how to do it somewhere online? (I
couldn't find any.)

Thanks tons,
Sheri Faught