Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Infamous "Out of memory" error during indexing

Intekhab Choudhury
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:59:00 -0800 (PST)
  I have installed Perlfect 3.20 under HPUX 10.20
server which I administer.  I do not have any script
that should kill any program that might be causing
bottlekneck yet.  However, perlfect indexing fails.

Even when I deleted everything from the ./data
directory and ran indexer again.  Also, I have tried
to index only a specific directory.

(Now, I do have visio files in that directory, so user
can search for certain visio file by their name)

Anyway, I am getting the following error and FAQ only
ask to call System Administrator (but I guess I am not
sure what exactly I can do here).  Thanks

------See the following error that everyone seems to
get but I have not come across a solid fix which
obviously should be a FAQ question .....Thanks

Out of memory during "large" request for
4198400 bytes, total sbr
k() is 64917768 bytes at line 71.
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster,
giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.

[Tue Nov 20 18:42:25 2001] Out of memory
during "large" request for
4198400 bytes, total sbrk() is 64917768 bytes at line 71.

Do You Yahoo!?