Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Infamous "Out of memory" error during indexing

Intekhab Choudhury ichoudhury007@yahoo.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:59:00 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
  I have installed Perlfect 3.20 under HPUX 10.20
server which I administer.  I do not have any script
that should kill any program that might be causing
bottlekneck yet.  However, perlfect indexing fails.

Even when I deleted everything from the ./data
directory and ran indexer again.  Also, I have tried
to index only a specific directory.

(Now, I do have visio files in that directory, so user
can search for certain visio file by their name)

Anyway, I am getting the following error and FAQ only
ask to call System Administrator (but I guess I am not
sure what exactly I can do here).  Thanks

------See the following error that everyone seems to
get but I have not come across a solid fix which
obviously should be a FAQ question .....Thanks

Out of memory during "large" request for
4198400 bytes, total sbr
k() is 64917768 bytes at SGMLEntities.pl line 71.
</PRE>
<P>
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster,
giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.

[Tue Nov 20 18:42:25 2001] indexer.pl: Out of memory