Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Never mind, I fixed bug by myself

william ross will@spanner.org
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 21:40:29 +0000
At 8:23 pm +0000 11/11/01, Ling Wang wrote:
>Please ignore my previous message. I misunderstood you. Yes, you can
>do <!-- --> within javascript. Will it hurt if the indexer.pl takes
>care of it so those people who don't follow that practice (comenting
>out javascript) will not suffer?

it's generally unprofitable to venture into parsing and selecting
from html pages without a very pressing reason, as i've found out to
my cost several times now.

Perlfect search currently does an adequate job of removing markup and
preserving the meaningful parts of a page, and more importantly, it
does so by applying simple policies that everyone can understand and
work around.

In my opinion, which obviously carries no weight at all, it would be
a mistake to start complicating that with special cases.

best

will