Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Never mind, I fixed bug by myself

william ross will@spanner.org
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:51:26 +0000
At 5:29 am +0000 11/11/01, Ling Wang wrote:
>Dear developer,
>
>I fixed the bug by my self by adding code in indexer.pl and
>search.pl to eliminate the <script>.*?</script>.

Daniel is right: a better solution would be to put <!-- --> comments
around inline javascript, followed by a <noscript>sensible
alternative</noscript>. You will provide a better service to people
with old browsers or who have turned off javascript, as well as
working better with the indexer.

The indexer is revealing a flaw in your site, for which you should be
glad. Not the other way around.

will