Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Warning: cannot remove ...

Hannes Schmiderer
Wed, 9 May 2001 00:35:27 +0200
I'm using the http indexing mode because I've some SSI and PHP pages.

When I run the I get a lot of  "Warning: cannot remove ..."
messages. (>5000 for 700 different links)

Although the pages seem to be indexed correctly I'm a bit worried because in
the script you can find the follwoing:

  ($file) = ($file =~ m/^$root(.*)$/);
  if( ! $file ) {
    # This should never happen!
    print STDERR "Warning: cannot remove '$root' from '$tmp_file'\n";

May it be that the indexing process is slowed down because of this?

Typical error messages look like this:
Warning: cannot remove '' from
Warning: cannot remove '' from
Warning: cannot remove '/home/ranger/public_html/' from ''

The first occurs because I have a link to the main page on every page.
The second is an external link.
And the third is quite strange, because the mailto link is processed with
the file-path.

Is this a configuration issue?

Thanx for any help.

Hannes Schmiderer, Student of Computer Science, Salzburg, Austria