Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] data dump script (and xml)

will will@spanner.org
Tue, 8 May 2001 20:50:21 +0100
>On Monday 07 May 2001 00:37, you wrote:
>
>>  there are some issues to consider, though:
>>
>>  * this isn't very good xml practice.
>
>Nevertheless, I think this is the way it will work - treating XML as
>quasi-HTML so we don't need a real parser. Real XML search engines already
>exist and we cannot copy their feature set anyway, as Perlfect Search is
>still designed to be small and lightweight.
>
>But the "limited XML support" is on my TODO list for 3.21.

sounds good. limited XML support is a pretty good description of
everything i've written so far, too.

let me know if there's anything i can do to help. i'm most interested
in parameterising the fields so that additional metadata can be
stored, or in a limited case the tags of stored fields can be
specified, but happy with other tasks too.

best

will
--

pgpkey: http://www.spanner.org/keys/will.txt