Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] 3.2 Help Request--Browser returns actual code OR "server executes binaries only" msg.

MSB jrmozart@jrmozart.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 21:18:46 -0400
Hi. I installed Perlfect 3.20 and ran the indexer.  I set the permissions
and even checked the syntas (perl -c search.cgi).  However, I still cannot
search.

Here's what's happening:

When I name the search file search.pl, I am taken to the actual code itself
on the browser when the URL is typed in.

When I re-name the search file as search.cgi, I get a message saying that
"You have reached the cgi web server which is configured to execute cgi
binaries only..."

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott B