Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Re: configuring no_index and other assorted miseries (reply)

Nutsy Waterbelly
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:37:47 -0800 (PST)
Hi Daniel,

Thanks again, but I had to hack it.  It's not an entirely bad hack... if you
ask me any way.  I specified the directories in windows style (C:\whatever\),
and then I specified them again using unix style from the base dir (rather than
the whole path).  Here ... you can see it at

It's a crazy hack, but whatever make NT happy makes my life a little easier.
That worked like a charm.  Happiness.

Oh... and I figured out the permissions difficulty.  Talk about stupid
mistakes.  I had accidentally set the action to the search directory, instead
of the IN the search directory.  DOH!! At least it was a much easier
problem than I thought.

The Perlfect Search now works BEAUTIFULLY on our happy little intranet site.
Hopefully, when we move it to the REAL server, it will be happy there too.  Now
that I know what I'm doing, I imagine it will be.

Thanks for all of your help, and for the awesome product.  OPEN SOURCE RULES!

ps. I love/miss Germany terrible.  Lived in Friedburg near Frankfurt-am-main.
Groovy baby.

Nutsy Waterbelly -
WebMistress for and

Do You Yahoo!?