Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] configuring no_index and other assorted miseries (reply)

Nutsy Waterbelly dotwb2501@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:41:42 -0800 (PST)
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the quick response, but that really didn't answer my question.
Apparently, I'm having more difficulty than I originally thought.  First, I
added the all (ok... like most) of the directories that I wanted no to be
indexed.  (IMO I think it would be easier to specify7 the ones I DO want
indexed... there are FAR FEWER of them for me.)  But, it still goes right ahead
and indexes (Sp??!?) them anyway.  Here is a link to my no_index.txt file.
(http://www.angelfire.com/weird/nutsywb/work/no_index.txt)

Please note, I'm on NT and trying to specify the files for that system.  I went
in and (unsuccessfully the first time. oopsie) edited the conf.pl (eek!) so
that it wouldn't do the \/ thing, as I thought that was the problem.  I thought
this because the output from the indexer was specifying file names like this:
C:\dirhome\dirhome2\/dirIdon'twant\subdirIdon'twant\file.html

See my happy sys admin decided to install perl right in the root for the
intranet site.  (??!? yeah... I know) Hey... it got the perl to work.  so now
I'm indexing all the perl html help files.

Please help me!

Additionally (boy when it rains it pours), when I try to run the search I get a
403 error with
"http://semaghost/cgi-bin/perlfect/search?p=1&q=gastonia&mode=all" in the URL.
I realize I'm having permission difficulties, I just don't know what files to
set to what.  Please help too!

Thanks for all your help!

Gina

=====