Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Don't Search JavaScript Functions

Davone Vang davone.vang@gen21.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 06:59:02 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0B78F.3EB8AAF0

Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Naber [mailto:daniel.naber@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 6:58 AM
To: perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Subject: Re: [Perlfect-search] Don't Search JavaScript Functions

On Wednesday 28 March 2001 15:00, you wrote:

> I have Perlfect 3.20 install on my NT web server. =A0Is there a way =
>  configure Perlfect not to search through JavaScript functions in my
> html files?

You should comment out the script like this

<script>
<!--
        ...javascript...
// -->
</script>

This will also help other search engines that index your site.

--=20
Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674
please
visit:

=1A

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0B78F.3EB8AAF0

Thank you!

On Wednesday 28 March 2001 15:00, you wrote:

> I have Perlfect 3.20 install on my NT web = server. =A0Is there a way to
>  configure Perlfect not to search through = JavaScript functions in my
> html files?

You should comment out the script like this

<script>
<!--
        ...javascript...
// -->
</script>

This will also help other search engines that index = your site.

Daniel Naber, Paul-Gerhardt-Str. 2, 33332 = Guetersloh, Germany
Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674