Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing Problem (DB_File)

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:04:02 +0100
On Saturday 24 March 2001 16:03, Christoph Reithmair wrote:

> Now I tried to convert the DB-Files in ASCII-Files local by
> a little Perl-Script.
> Then i want to upload them and convert them back into DB-Files.

The inv_index uses pack/unpack to store more complex values than just
key/value pairs. You can look for pack/unpack in indexer/search.pl. Mhh,
now I wonder if it's (un)pack or DB_File (i.e. Berkeley DB) or both that
are different on those platforms.

More information about Berkeley DB is available at http://www.sleepycat.com

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674