Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Reindexing Question

David Shaner davidmshaner@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 04:53:01 -0800 (PST)
I am running an internal website that allows users to
find advertisements that are archived on cds.
Currently we have about 500 cds that have been
archived. I have extracted files from the cds and have
indexed them using the indexer.pl. I currently have
72,000+ records. Perlfect is a quick search engine for
this. The problem is when I add another cd to and have
to reindex. It takes three days to reindex the site.
Is there an easy way to add the new cds to the
database without having to reindex the entire site.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

mailto:dshaner@richmond.gannett.com