Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Mangled URL

Paul House phouse@fiifa.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:13:57 -0500

  Need A Light At The End Of The Tunnel?  Here It IS !!
       http://timingandpositioning.com/mindyourownbusiness/

----- Original Message -----
From: <craig@war-dog.com>
To: <perlfect-search@perlfect.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 3:14 AM
Subject: [Perlfect-search] Mangled URL

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed perlfect search. I enjoyed the simplicity of the set
up, and the fact that it worked first time (almost) I've been looking at
several search engines, and so far this has been the best as far as
power/ease of use goes.

> I do however have one problem. My intended use of perlfect search is on a
small home lan. One of my computers is going to be used as a kind of archive
of emails and documents etc. The documents will be served to the rest of the
lan by appache.

> So when I set up perlfect, I entered 192.168.0.1 as the 'hostname' of my
server.

> So when I start up my browser, I enter
>
> 192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/search.pl
>
> To which I get a search dialogue, (except it says 'Your search did not
produce any results' when I havn't entered a search string yet!)

> So I enter a search string 'dog'
>
> I then get an error, requested url not found.
>
> The url is

http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/perlfect/sear
ch/search.pl?p=1&lang=en&mode=any&q=dog

> So, my url gets repeated there for some reason. Cutting the duplicated
portion of the url gives me

> 192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/search.pl?p=1&lang=en&mode=any&q=dog
>
> Which returns a page with valid search results.
>
> When I click on one of the results I get a similary issue, in the I get a
duplicated portion of the url

> ie
>
> http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/192.168.0.1/discus/board.html
>
> Again, if I edit out the first half, leaving the second IP address and the
remainder, I go to a valid address.

> Anyone got any ideas? I've checked out the faq and searched the archives,
but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.