Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing for different computer

Alasdair Dougall alasdair_dougall@excite.co.uk
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 05:32:11 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to mirror a site and then index on the
off-line linux box and transfer the built index to the on-line box?

The problem is that the ISP only allows scripts to run for a short (2 min)
period before killing them.  As our site has hundreds of pages, it sometimes
get killed by the ISP, leaving us with a non-functioning search page.

When I tried it, I go the following

Software error:
Cannot open
/home/adougall/bareingredients_html/cgi-local/perlfect/search/data/inv_index:
at search.pl line 65.

Yes, I checked and I did get "Using DB_File..".  (Thanks Daniel Naber!)

Thanks in advance,

Alasdair Dougall

P.S.  I installed 3.20 last night, and while it is a lot quicker, I still
have the afore mentioned problem

 Get 100% private, FREE email for life from Excite UK
 Visit http://inbox.excite.co.uk/