[Perlfect-search] Announce: Perlfect Search 3.20
giorgos zervas email@example.com
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 06:48:34 -0500 (EST)
there's a new version of Perlfect Search available at
This is the list of changes compared to 3.20beta:
* indexer.pl can now be called via web, using index_form.html. You need
to set $INDEXER_CGI_PASSWORD in conf.pl.
* URI::Escape not necessary anymore
* robot meta tags now work (but only for getting files via http!)
* Option $HTTP_MAX_PAGES to avoid the indexer running into an endless loop
(only for getting files via http)
* all scripts now use the -w option
* search.pl: fixed some warnings (Jim Hall)
* search.pl: ignore stopwords (David Turley)
* search.pl: don't escape characters twice when using indexer_web.pl
(Matthias E. Zeitler)
* DB_File is now required, not just recommended
* uses less memory than 3.20beta
The list of changes compared to 3.10 is too long to include it here, you
can find it in the CHANGES file.
We hope you enjoy the new version.