Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] & errors
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 06:52:12 -0500
      LWP has been part of the PERL distribution  for a while now so I suspect you are running an older version of PERL.

Are you on a virtual host?  If so the ability to add new modules is hampered somewhat.

Anyway to add PERL modules see

and the faq

Sorry about the UK mirrors from my bookmarks:

Dave Campbell

Original Message:
From: DocFX
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 17:11:27 -0500
Subject: [Perlfect-search] & errors

By visiting the archives, I was able to head-off this problem (although
the archives indicate the problem is fixed it is not)...

Can't locate in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
) at line 52. manually copying both the and
from the distribution directory to the active cgi area. However, I am
also getting the error below (as are several others acc'd to the

Can't locate LWP/ in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
) at line 4.

The only response in the archives appeared to be "hrmm, it appears you
don't have it. Re-install Perl or install the missing modules". Which,
while obvious and technically correct, isn't a terribly comprehensive
nor useful answer - at least to those that aren't necessarily as
knowledgable as others. So, where is the LWP pkg? How best/easiest to
install it (installed similar to DB_File via CPAN?) If missing LWP, what
else, if anything, is likely to be missing?

Ted 'DocFX' Bailey @ the Imagination Factory, Inc. -
leaders in interactive development & graphic design & creators of SEAT -
http:/ now in 3 locations to serve you [ MI - OH -
GA ]

perlfect-search mailing list
To unsubscribe, set other personal options or view the list archives please visit:

Mail2Web - Check your email from the web at .