Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] indexing-error "Cannot open inv_index_tmp"

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:35:50 +0200
On Wednesday 20 June 2001 20:55, you wrote:

> The directory does exist, and it's writeable by the web server, i even
> tried mode 777. It didn't work, so i also tried other directorys by
> editing conf.pl, like /cgi-bin/search/ or /htdocs/
> Any other idea what the problem might be?

I wonder why you are getting this warning?

"*** Warning: You are calling this program in an insecure way!
*** Use method="POST" to make the call more secure."

Are you indexing via index_form.html? Did you change that file, e.g. the
method attribute?

I think your CGI script might run in a chroot environment so that they
"see" a different patch.

You should try values like these for $DOCUMENT_ROOT and similar for
$INSTALL_DIR:
/www.kirchefuermorgen.de/cgi-bin/search/data/

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674