Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] advanced exclude?!

Yavor Christov Yavor.Christov@FINATEC.bg
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:56:59 +0300
Hello to all in the list

I have just subscribed and have no idea if this question has been already
answered. I didnt find it in the archives anyway.

First I want to say that I am pretty much pleased I found and easily
installed this search engine :) thanks to the authors

However I have a problem of sort.

I have one or two really HUGE dir which are static i.e. contents is never
or very very rarely changed.

What I currently do is indexing every night at 2am. It takes over 50 mins on
2x800 MHz machine :( mainly for this huge dir.

Is there a way to do indexing once including this dir in data base to be
searched and then just reindexing the rest of the site every night?

I tried to put this dir in no_index.txt but then I lose the ability to search
in that dir :((

Thank you in advance and please excuse my poor command of English, not native
yanno ;)

Yavor Christov
FINATEC BULGARIA LTD.
36, Dragan Tsankov Blvd. Interpred - WTC Sofia Block B, Office 604
1040 Sofia, Bulgaria
tel.: (+359 2) 91615171
fax: (+359 2) 91615180
web: http://www.finatec.bg