Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] problems with contextual results using french accents

webmaster webmaster@magnificat.ca
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:17:02 -0400
--=====================_10977012==_.ALT

Hello,

I have set up several instances of perlfect 3.20 to search only English (or=
=20
French / or Spanish, etc.) pages of our website. (I rename the=20
subdirectories in the CGI-Bin to multiply the search engines, then I=20
configure each noindex file and other specifications accordingly).
I also have put up an engine to search only the Bible pages in French, with=
=20
the following specs:
$CONTEXT_SIZE =3D -1;
$CONTEXT_EXAMPLES =3D 15;
$CONTEXT_DESC_WORDS =3D 25;
  and for sure: $SPECIAL_CHARACTERS =3D 1;

It is used on page:
http://www.magnificat.ca/textes/

On the results pages, many accented words don't come out right with the=20
context option, while others do.
for ex: the word "J=E9sus" gives good results with contexts, while "Andr=E9"=
=20
only shows the titles of the pages containing that word.

I reindexed several times, but with no success. Is there anything I can do=
=20
to resolve this? or is it a bug that should get fixed with future releases=
=20
of Perlfect search.

By the way, I really appreciate your search engine. Fast, powerful and=20
free! Thanks to all involved in making this possible!

Sister Janice ODM

Magnificat

http://magnificat.ca/

Editions Magnificat
CP 308 St-Jovite QC Canada J0T 2H0

Fax: +1 (819) 688-6548=20
--=====================_10977012==_.ALT

Hello,

I have set up several instances of perlfect 3.20 to search only English (or French / or Spanish, etc.) pages of our website. (I rename the subdirectories in the CGI-Bin to multiply the search engines, then I configure each noindex file and other specifications accordingly).
I also have put up an engine to search only the Bible pages in French, with the following specs:
$CONTEXT_SIZE =3D -1;
$CONTEXT_EXAMPLES =3D 15;
$CONTEXT_DESC_WORDS =3D 25;
and for sure: $SPECIAL_CHARACTERS =3D 1;

It is used on page:
http://www.magnificat.ca/textes/

On the results pages, many accented words don't come out right with the context option, while others do.
for ex: the word "J=E9sus" gives good results with contexts, while "Andr=E9" only shows the titles of the pages containing that word.

I reindexed several times, but with no success. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? or is it a bug that should get fixed with future releases of Perlfect search.

By the way, I really appreciate your search engine. Fast, powerful and free! Thanks to all involved in making this possible!

Fax: +1 (819) 688-6548 --=====================_10977012==_.ALT--