Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] The php files are not indexed

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:05:18 +0200
On Wednesday 18 July 2001 11:06, you wrote:

> I can't succeed in indexing my php files. And I don't
> understand why because I have this line in "conf.pl" :

Quoting the FAQ:

It doesn't index all of my files.

If you are indexing your local filesystem check the values of @EXT in
conf.pl and the entries in conf/no_index.txt. If you are indexing via http
remember that the script will only find files that are directly or
indirectly linked from your start page ($HTTP_START_URL). If you have
links that are working only with Java or Javascript, these will not be
indexed either. This is not a bug in Perlfect Search but a general problem
that other search engines have too. You'll have to rework your pages to
work without Java/Javascript. Also your framesets need a proper <noframes>
section with the correct links. If all that does not help, check the
values of @HTTP_CONTENT_TYPES and $HTTP_LIMIT_URL and turn on $HTTP_DEBUG
to get more debugging output during indexing.

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674