Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] faster indexing?

Albin Holmgren gatufest@tiscali.se
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:24:17 +0200
I'm totaly new to perlfect search (downloaded a few days ago and spent last
night indexing 23000 files.

Is it somehow possible to have the indexer just update the index for new
files instead of building a completely new index at each run?

I've been thinking of creating a new database which would hold filenames
along with modification time (and size or any other quickly checked data).
I don't know alot perl and haven't look at db_file (or is it file_db?) at all.

I can imagine there would be trouble removing entries for modified or
removed files.

Is there a easy way of doing this?

Thanks for your great software.

albin.