Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Search results

Richard Triplett Jr Richard@soggycat.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:23:04 -0500
Hi, just installed latest version of Perlfect search v3.10 on a Unix box. Setup.pl went flawlessly and indexer.pl worked well, but all files were created with _tmp at end of filename before extension. I just removed _tmp from affected files and the search worked. However, I get some off search results now. Here's an example:

I have 20 .htm docs that contain keyword ESH . I have one document that contains keyword CDC . Searching for CDC pulls up just this one doc. Searching for ESH pulls up all 20. Searching for ESH+CDC should pull up just the one doc, but retrieves all 20. The score for first doc is 11.9 and the rest of the docs display a score of .1 . What gives?

Thanks for a great product.
Richard@soggycat.com