Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Re: search results

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:26:55 +0100
On 2001-01-04 16:37, you wrote:

> Thanks Daniel. So it will correctly index, say, doc and rtf files, but

No, I wouldn't call that "correctly". It just takes them as ASCII, but
they aren't. Possibly they contains ASCII parts, but there's no guarantee.

> may also include the rtf code or other binary garbage? How about Excel
> and PowerPoint files? More garbage?

I guess so.

> What would be a reasonable one to index as much as possible of the site?

Somebody send in a filter function for (some?) those files types, but
that's not yet in our source tree and I don't think I have a clean patch.
But I can sent this to you if you want to include it yourself.

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674