Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Installations Problem =(

Thomas Nesges ThomasNesges@TNT-Computer.de
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:47:39 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 07:59:16AM -0800, smb.org wrote:

> but when I try to run indexer.pl it tells me:
>
> Cannot open /home/perlfect/perlfect.com/cgi-bin/search/data/inv_index_tmp: No su
> ch file or directory at ./indexer.pl line 65.
>

> I suspect this is because I don't own or have permission to make
> /home/perlfect

No, that is because /home/perlfect/... doesn't exist.

> My website is hosted in /home/smb and I can only write to things below
> that level.

I build exactly the same environment for Perlfect Search on my home
machine as I have to use on the webserver. If your cgi-bin on the
webserver is /home/smb/cgi-bin/ then create this directory on your
machine and install Search in it (and edit conf.pl).

> 1. Can this be fixed?

AFAIS this is no error in Search.

Thomas