Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Installations Problem =(

smb.org smb@clipper.seagull.net
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:59:16 -0800
I'm having a big installation problem.
My website isn't on a machine I own, rather we pay for web hosting
services.

I "installed" Perlfect, and it told me it installed correctly,
but when I try to run indexer.pl it tells me:

Cannot open /home/perlfect/perlfect.com/cgi-bin/search/data/inv_index_tmp: No su
ch file or directory at ./indexer.pl line 65.

I suspect this is because I don't own or have permission to make
/home/perlfect

My website is hosted in /home/smb and I can only write to things below
that level.

So my questions are:

1. Can this be fixed?
2. Do I need to un-install and re-install to fix it?
3. If either yes to 2, or if this is not fix-able, how do I uninstall this
        program?

Thanks!

SMB@smb.org