Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] HTTP indexing error with 3.20beta

Stuart A. Malone samalone@llamagraphics.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:01:56 -0500
I just upgraded from 3.08 to 3.20beta, and have a few bits of feedback.

1)  The files indexer_filesystem.pl and indexer_web.pl didn't get copied
into my cgi-bin/perlfect/search folder by the setup.pl script.  I installed
them by hand.

2)  The files no_match.html and no_match_de.html didn't get copied into my
cgi-bin/perlfect/search/templates folder by the setup.pl script.

3)  I tried using the new HTTP indexing feature, and got this Perl error:

    Starting crawler...
    Fetched  'http://www.llamagraphics.com/', 24529 bytes
    Can't use string ("URI::URL") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs"
    in use at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/URI/WithBase.pm line 41.

I don't know much about Perl, so I don't know much about what the error
means.  But if you'd like me to do some debugging from my end, I'll give it
my best shot.

--Stuart A. Malone
  Llamagraphics, Inc.
  samalone@llamagraphics.com