Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Local Searches?

Dr. Andrew L. Blais onlymice@noho.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 02:35:01 -0500
Hello List:

    Is it possible to use Search to search my local documents? I have
various html files about Linux and Java and C and X, blah, blah, blah.
So, I made an html file that organizes them, I would to search some of
them. I've set up Search using /mnt/DOC as the home directory of my
"web-site", and Search made a index, I think. But, when I put the FORM
code into the local page, and try to use Netscape to run Search, all I
get are errors and messages about wanting to save search.pl to my root
directory. I've tried changing the link to setup.cgi. No help. Could
someone tell me whether I'm barking up the wrong tree? Or, point me to
the correct tree?

>>> Dr. Alb