Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Scalability

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:51:21 +0100
On 2001-02-05 10:17, you wrote:

> process was using very little CPU and doing a *lot* of disk I/O. I
> suppose the last chance is to use a DB module which is better able to
> cope with continual updates than Berkeley hash?

Do you know one that does? "man DB_File" will tell you some options like
"cachesize", I tried to set them but it never made a difference. You can
also use $LOW_MEMORY_INDEX=0, which requires more RAM on the one hand, but
on the other hand doesn't access disk so much (unless your computer must
start swapping).

regards

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674